Sunday, April 24, 2011











First I will finish a thought - the vacation/trip to Turkey pictures:

The trip was about food, history, and the Mediterranean Sea, and as trips usually are, impossible to adequately describe. Summary: Delicious, Overwhelming, Stunning.

And now to other thoughts.

I have become a different person in some ways. What I mean is, I am noticing that I am more ....polarized, maybe that is the word. I like opposite things equally but I have more definite preferences for when I want these things to be present or to participate. For example, I am finding myself more willing to cocoon myself in a small and private world for formerly obligatory events (holidays, for example) but I am quite eager to be very expansive with my borders when there are no knowns - like foreign travel. This is confusing to me a little. I am not unhappy about the changes, just a little mystified.

I am putting this down to ponder. I also am finding myself delighted to spend time with brand new people but have the oddest "nervous-ish inside myself" response to getting started - like hesitating to do the self-introductions but easily move immediately into the storytelling. I am weird about getting in the car to go, but fine once I breach the fortress of the destination door.

????

Hormones, maybe.


Website Counter
Free Counter

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about feeling polarized because I'm the same way and have been for most of my life. My sister and I often discuss it, as a matter of fact. I wonder how many other people feel this way?

April 29, 2011 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home