Saturday, June 09, 2007

It is time to put something here - I have made myself "visible" in a couple of places online, so I need to have a post with some substance.

But it will be amateur substance as I am not familiar yet with this set-up - I have my Xanga down pat (here it is) but I'm still learning this.

For me this is an every-day-is-bringing-something-to-adjust-to time of life. (What a ridiculous statement - all of life is like that - have I forgotten the newborn years or the toddler days?) My husband is looking with great anticipation toward retirement (5 years) and wants to go teach in another country at that point. My oldest is leaving home for military service, and I am very proud of him.



















My daughter is a wonderful companion and our days together here are numbered... she is nearly a woman. I have started this apron business which I LOVE and it is causing me to rethink things; certainly to reorganize things. There are more people hanging out here in my teensy quarters than I ever thought possible. I adore that.

Not much is predictable anymore and I love it and have anxiety about it. This is the big mystery to me, I think, the anxiety when I love change. Or so I thought.

Conclusion: "the change" is sweeping. It all changes at once if you wait until you are nearly 30 to have your first baby. There might be a good reason to have your babies in your early 20's - you are home alone with your beloved when you get weird.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily K. said...

It is a big adjustment time right now, isn't it?

I recently realized that I get anxiety about happy things, too. Every time I got a boyfriend, for example, I'd go through this astonishingly rapid cycle of elation, anxiety, panic, breakup, post-breakup sadness. They say everything can be stressful. The key is probably realizing that it's normal. And water and exercize. Heh.

BTW, no one is snubbing me right now. But it is very good to know I have a posse, should anyone decide to go that route.

Your family is so beautiful. You have a lot to be proud of and grateful for.

June 19, 2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there,

Best of luck with all of your changes.

My mom and I talk everyday, and we now live 3 hours apart.

I'm sure you will remain close with your daughter, too.

Have a great day!

Sylvia C.

June 19, 2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, I tried to be a surgical nurse, too! But while I was training for it they made me touch people I didn't know, and they were awake.

I couldn't handle that.

I hope to see you writing more!

October 04, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Suburban Correspondent said...

Yes, I was thinking it is a cruel trick of nature to have teenagers and kids leaving the nest just as you're going through middle-age crisis.

December 17, 2007 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home